|Spice up your life with JA Country Style!|
|Friday, 18 May 2012 16:29|
Want to get your family's taste buds geared up for Palm Beach Jerk and Caribbean Culture Festival? Try these dinner recipes at home from Jamaican Country Style (JCS), to wet your family's appetite for Jamaican jerk flavors.
Road-side Jerk BBQ ribs
Jamaicans always say that "there is no jerk like a road-side jerk." This dish adds the essence of a great jerk to the classic summer meal of tasty ribs.
- Combine and mix in a bowl JCS Boston Jerk Seasoning with Caribbean Exotic Gourmet (CEG) Demerara Sugar and a vinegar of your choice.
- Add the ribs and turn to coat thoroughly. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight or three to four hours.
- Heat up a barbecue grill.
- Cook for one to one and a half hours on the grill, turning and brushing frequently with the marinade.
- Brush the ribs with JCS Jerk BBQ sauce during the last 15 minutes.
Serve your Road-side Jerk BBQ Ribs with a side of potato salad, vegetables or French fries.
JCS fried jerk tilapia
This recipe fuses the flavors of JCS Boston Jerk Seasoning with tilapia. Creativity is encouraged in this case, so feel free to try it with your favorite kind of fish.
- Wash and cut fish into two inch slices, going from one long end to the next.
- Mix jerk seasoning, oil, soy sauce and vinegar (if needed) in a small bowl
- Rinse and drain your fish, then add it to your seasoning mixture. (You can fry the fish right away or let it marinade).
- Place enough oil in a fryer or deep iron skillet to at least cover a half of the fish
- Fry fish in hot oil for three minutes or until fried
For more Jamaican Country Style recipes, visit JCSKitchen.com.
|Last Updated on Friday, 18 May 2012 17:30|